Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

PCOS so far....

This is my first blog and I really want to keep it as an almost journal and also maybe give some hope to people going through the same thing. And to keep friends and family that are curious, up to date. :)

**WARNING**
Some of this may be TMI, if you don't want to hear about period and feminine things, look away!!

First off, PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically, I have cysts on my ovaries and it causes me to not have periods, which in turn means I don't produce eggs and ovulate. My doctor, Dr. Puckett aka best doctor ever, gives me provera every 50-60 days to force a period, then I take clomid that makes me produce eggs. One month I had 3 eggs coming down, I thought for sure this was it, but nope. I had an HSG test in June, where they shoot blue dye into your fallopian tubes and take an x-ray to see if they are open. Mine are, and I'm glad, but DANG that hurt. lol.

This is currently my 7th and final cycle on clomid. I was supposed to call my doctor as soon as my period starts and within 12 days go in for a laparoscopic surgery, where they go in two spots in my belly button and clean off the cysts and check for scars, endometriosis, etc. Two girls I work with have had it done, one got pregnant 6 days after!! Both girls have PCOS like me though, so I am hopeful. Yesterday, Mon. 12/10/12, my period started and I called the doctor. I am scheduled for my surgery FRIDAY!! I'm super excited, but also nervous. I actually have to go under anesthetic and will be under for about an hour. The only other surgery I have done is having my tonsils out, so I'm not very experienced in the subj of surgery. 

Anyways, that's just the gist of everything I've been through so far. I feel like I could walk in on the last day of medical school and pass an OBGYN test. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment